So am sure you think that Bio Oil is just a stretch mark oil right? Well there is so much more you can do with it and I will tell you how.
- Hydrating facial night oil: before I go to bed I use my Bio oil to keep my skin from losing moisture. After cleansing, toning and moisturising, I apply a generous amount to my face and go to bed. In the morning my skin is still hydrated and there is no breakouts at all
- Makeup remover: I love oils as make up removers, they are the best at being gentle and not taking away the natural moisture of your skin. I apply the oil on my face and rub all over. I use a warm cloth to wipe of all the makeup and my skin is clean and not dry. I then follow with my cleansing step.
- Makeup primer: We have all seen the hype around all those expensive oils being used with makeup; to loosen up foundations, heal dry lips before lipstick etc. Well for almost R 80 you can prime your dry skin with Bio oil or use it to loosen makeup products. Just apply it to your face before your foundation to ensure it glides on smoothly or pour a little bit into your foundation or concealers to lessen them for application.
- Cuticle oil: After a shower or my at home mani pedi, I put some Bio oil on my cuticles and push them. It softens them and keeps them from being dry or looking brittle. You can also add some to your hand cream.
- Spot treatment: To see the results of Bio oil healing your acne scars and hyper pigmentation, you need to be patient and consistent. I would say apply nightly. I didn’t realize it was helping until it was. I noticed that my scars were slowly fading away.
There is so much more I use it for, like as a scalp oil for those flaky days, a bath oil, to grow my brows and lashes etc. But my top uses are the ones I have mentioned above.
Try them out and let me know how it goes.
*This blog post is not sponsored*
Until my next blog