Honestly, I wish I could completely convert to using only natural beauty/ skin care but I love things too much and I don’t know how that would go. Probably will only last a few days. I love natural ingredients though. Its in my house and it does wonders for skin and its a must on days where I detox.
So I have large pores and I have tried out a few masks that have helped my situation and this one is one of my favorites.
Am a Pinterest junkie and I find a lot of recipes on there! From head to toe! And I found this one I loved and tried, the results are great.
The recipe called for Bentonite clay but I used green clay instead because I am trying to finish mine. It also asked for apple cider vinegar but I opted for water because my skin has been a bit sensitive with the change of weather and I did not want to do too much.
What you will need:
- a bowl
- a wooden spoon
- activated charcoal
- Bentonite clay/ any good clay you have ,I used green clay
- matcha green tea powder
- water/ apple cider vinegar
Please avoid using metal objects when working with clay as it will react and remove most of the healing powers of the clay. Use plastic or wooden spoons and bowls.
- in your bowl add one teaspoon of each ingredient
- add enough water until its a paste
- apply onto clean skin and wait for 15 minutes
- wash off mask when it looks muddy on your face (do not let it dry completely)
- wash with lukewarm water and dry with damp warm cloth
- proceed with moisturising
About the ingredients:
- Green clay (sea clay) has detoxifying properties as its mineral composition. It is highly absorbent and purifying. It does wonders for problem skin and is great for sensitive skin. It tighten pores and absorbs oils from skin. What I also love is that it pulls blood towards your skin boosting circulation and giving you that glow of youth.
- Activated charcoal absorbs excess sebum and draws toxins out of your skin. It also draws out bacteria, poisons, chemicals and dirt, this will help you have a flawless complexion and help you fight acne.
- Matcha green tea is a powerful antioxidant with will inactivate free radicals in our skin. Green tea is anti inflammatory, helps reduce pores and assists in regenerating of new healthy skin cells.
The benefits of this mask are endless but I will give you a few:
- Unclogged pores
- Tightened reduced pores
- Reduces blemished
- Firms skin
- Exfoliates skin
- Rejuvinated skin
- Removes black heads
- Reduces acne
- Glowing skin
- Soft and smooth skin
I hope you try it out and tell me what you think. I use this mask 3 times a week.